Effective date: 5, 2015
This Statement of Privacy applies to www.residencialdomjoao.com owned and operated by Dom João Residencial. This privacy statement describes how we collect and use the personal information you provide on our website: www.residencialdomjoao.com. It also describes the options available to you regarding the use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. We may update this privacy statement from time to time, and we encourage you to visit this page regularly to keep abreast of changes.
What kind of personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect include:
- Your name, surname, e-mail address, telephone number and address;
- Credit card data (card type, credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, and security code (CVC);
- Information about the guest's stay, including date of arrival and departure, special requests made, comments on his / her service preferences (including room preference, amenities or any other service used);
- Information you provide in relation to your advertising preferences or participation in questionnaires, contests or promotional offers;
When you visit our website, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, the browser you use, and information about your computer's operating system, application version, language and pages shown. If you are using a mobile device, we may also collect data that helps you identify your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude / longitude information. When you make a reservation, our system records the means and which websites you made your reservation for. If this information helps to identify you, it will be considered personal and will be subject to this privacy statement.
You can always choose which personal information (if applicable) you wish to provide us with. If you choose not to provide certain information, some of your transactions with us may be affected.
Why do we collect, use and share your personal information?
- Reservations: We use your personal information to complete and manage your online booking, as well as to send you a confirmation email, a pre-arrival email and provide you with information about the area and its accommodation.
- Customer Service: We use your personal information to provide customer service
- Guest Comments: We may use your contacts to invite you by email to write a review after your stay. This may help other travelers choose the accommodation best suited to their needs.
- Advertising: We also use your information for advertising activities as permitted by law.
- Other communications: There may be other times when we will contact you by email, letter, phone or text message, depending on the contacts you share with us. There may be several reasons for this:
- You may need to respond and handle requests that you have made.
- If you do not complete the online booking, we may send you an email reminder to continue your reservation. We believe this additional service is useful for you because it allows you to continue a reservation without having to search for an accommodation again or fill in all the booking details from the beginning.
- When you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or ask you to comment on your experience with our website.
- Comply with legal rules and obligations: we may use your personal information to comply with legal rules and obligations.
- Detect and prevent fraud: We may use your personal information to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
- Improve our services: Finally, we use your personal information for data analysis, to improve our services, to improve the user experience and to improve the functionality and quality of our online travel services.
How do we share your personal information with third parties?
We may share your personal information with third parties as described below.
- External Service Providers: We may use service providers to process your personal information on your behalf. This processing would be for purposes such as facilitating reservations payments, sending marketing materials or data analysis support services. These processors are subject to confidentiality clauses and are not authorized to use your personal data for their own benefit or any other purpose.
- Competent authorities: We disclose personal information to legal authorities and other government authorities to the extent required by law or strictly necessary for the prevention, detection and prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
Retention of personal information
We will keep your personal information for as long as we deem it necessary to provide you with services, comply with applicable laws (including withholding of documents), resolve disputes with all parties and otherwise necessary to enable our business. All personal information stored will be subject to this privacy statement.
What is a cookie?
How are cookies used?
We try to offer you an advanced website that is easy to use, according to your needs and wishes. For this, we use the following types of cookies:
- Technical Cookies: We use technical cookies to show you our website. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our website to function properly.
- Functional Cookies: We use functional cookies to store your preferences and help you use the website effectively and efficiently.
- Analytical Cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how the service is used, what works well and what works poorly, to optimize and improve our website and mobile platforms, and to make sure we remain interesting and relevant. The data we process includes the pages you've visited, pages you've entered and exited the website, what kind of platform you used, date and time information, and details such as the number of clicks you've made on a particular page, the movements of your mouse, and the activities by scrolling through the page with the sidebar and typing text while using the website. These analytical cookies may collect personal information.
How long are cookies active?
The cookies we use have different shelf life, depending on the purpose of their use. The maximum period of validity of some is 5 years from the last visit to our website. You may delete all cookies from your browser at any time.
Do we use third-party cookies?
Yes, we use third-party services for analytical purposes, such as Booking.com. These data monitoring technologies include: cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts. Booking.com may also place cookies for your own benefit as described at http://www.booking.com/content/privacy.html. The verified information is used in relation to Dom João Residencial in marketing management, customer relationship management and business intelligence systems. These technologies are used in trend analysis, website management, tracking user movements on the website, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports from third parties based on the use of these technologies on an individual, as well as on an aggregate basis. The providers we use commit to using responsible business and data management practices and standards.
How can you manage your cookie preferences?
You can use your browser settings, for example in Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox or Chrome, and set which cookies you accept and reject. The location where you find these settings varies depending on the browser you are using. You can go to the "Help" function in the browser to find the necessary settings.
What security procedures do we use to protect your personal information?
We use appropriate business systems and procedures to protect and safeguard personal information we have been given. We also use security procedures and technical and physical restrictions on access to and use of personal information on our servers. Only authorized persons are authorized to access personal information in the course of their work.
Access to information
How can you control the personal information you have given us?
You have the right to review the personal information we have about you. You can request a summary of your personal information through email@example.com. Please write "Request personal information" in the subject of the email.
We ask that you keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. If the personal information we have about you is inaccurate, outdated or no longer relevant to the purpose for which it was collected, we will update or delete it. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. However, it may be necessary to maintain certain information, for example for legal or administrative purposes, such as record keeping or fraudulent activity.
Dom João Residencial controls the processing of personal data collected from the website and through cookies. Dom João Residencial in Rua José Estêvão 43. If you have suggestions, requests or comments about privacy, personal information, cookies and how we deal with personal information, you can send an e-mail to email@example.com